Monday, July 9, 2012

Seriously? He's alone for two days...

So, here in the western suburbs of Chicago our 4th of July weekend was in the 90-100 range from Wednesday to Saturday... When did I leave my horse for the ONLY vacation that I have over the summer? Yep right then... So checking in with his "nanny" for the short period of time while I am in mid/upper Wisconsin (green bay area) she has everything under control, which she does! But she cannot check on him on Saturday and I ended up getting home later then I thought I would on Sunday, two days alone normally would not kill him! But lordy I got to him today and he has proceeded to rub off a nice little bald patch on the top part of his tail (the boy doesn't have much tail to begin with!), he has gotten thrush in all four hooves, removed most of the hair from the sides of his face and become slightly dehydrated... Covered in dried sweat and dirt the poor thing looked like a rescue case to me! So of course crack out the Koppertox for his feet and the Shapely's M-T-G for his tail and Batadine, baby oil and water concoction for his face. Check to see if the new fan that I pain-stakingly just installed in his stall is still up... Nope, doing no good in the box again on the tack room floor! ohhhhh good sweet Jesus! I could kick someone in the face...
All I could really do at the point was shower him off, give him some needed TLC from his momma and hope that tomorrow will be a better day...
Christ.... This is why I never go on vacation because every time I do I come back and he's worse then I left him! Ugh...
Maybe I just need to pick a different time of year...
I must always remember though
It could be waaaaay worse....

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
An Equestrian with a lot on her mind! College kid just trying to make it to "real life" and a girl just hoping to figure out who exactly she is. Competing in the Illinois Hunter Jumper Circuit is a big step for Cash and I, mentally and financially so hopefully i can share a few things that can help people financially, emotionally, and however else I can! Follow Me and I'll follow you!